Saturday 11 April 2009

BEDA the Eleventh: Oh God, I'm Gonna Cry!

Truth be told, I almost forgot about this post.

As you've probably picked up if you've been reading this blog anywhere near semi-regularly, I'm a big fan of the BBC's iPlayer service. I first stumbled across it trying to find an old episode of Bill Bailey's 'Museum of Curiosity'. Then, I discovered it had much more to offer than Just a Minute and Dead Ringers. There were episodes of Top Gear, Jonathan Ross, and even the odd 'Live at the Apollo'. Then, bored one day, I decided to give Doctor Who a go, just to see what everyone was raving about.

At first I thought it was shoddy and childish, and watched it merely for laughs and to give me something to do. Then by the end of the second series I was already fighting back tears when the Doctor was ripped away, just as he was about to say goodbye to Rose. Then I carried on, until I was well and truly addicted.

So then, this all leads up to tonight, where, for a brief hour, I was in exactly the same position as every other Who fan in the world. Well, almost. I haven't watched it yet. But I've caught up, and I know it's probably gonna get emotional in here, get out while you can!

xo
gb

No comments:

Post a Comment