Wednesday 8 April 2009

BEDA the Eighth: Belgians on My Trail

I always forget how to spell 'Eighth'. I guess that's why numbers were invented.

Today I walked into my piano lesson to find a small, unshaven Belgian sitting at the piano. He was visiting because of a mini-gathering my teacher was holding, to promote his summer festival (which I'm apparently now helping to promote..), and to get more of the community involved in Boogie and Dance. While he was down, he gave a masterclass to me and the guy before me. He was amazing, played like I'd never heard before, it was quite inspirational.

I'm never good around better musicians; My arrogance kicks in and I have to find something that I'm better at to mentally gloat about. I stood there thinking: "Yeah, he's better at me at piano, but I could annotate the shit out of 'Grapes of Wrath'!"
Pathetic.

I came away from that lesson really wanting to do more with the piano in my songs, really wanting to practise piano loads more, and having heard at least 60 different versions of 'Hellhound on my Trail'.

Anywaaay.. The last few days at Amy's have been lovely! Lots of cuddles and good food, as well as the obligatory name calling, but now I'm home. Sad times! It also sucks that because of salary dates and governmental holidays, I'm now out of money until pretty much the end of the month. Luckily I've got two seasons of One Tree Hill, and BEDA to keep me occupied! :]

Loves!

xo
gb

No comments:

Post a Comment